Residential Services and Supports

The Government of Ontario funds community agencies that offer people with developmental disabilities places to live.  Learning more about these residential services and supports can help people with developmental disabilities find homes that work well for their needs.

Housing options include

  • Group homes and group living supports;
  • Supported independent living/individual living supports;
  • Host Family Home/Associate Living Supports;
  • Individualized Residential Model; and
  • Specialized Accommodation


We know that many people need support finding homes; we will work with you to identify the options that work best for you.  To find out more about the options and services in your community, please contact the Developmental Services Ontario agency in your region.

Developmental Services Ontario Eligibility Questions and Answers (English)
Developmental Services Ontario Eligibility Questions and Answers (French)

Contact Information for the Central East Region DSO (York, Simcoe, Durham, and HKPR):


Phone:    905-953-0796 or 1-855-277-2121

Fax:         905-952-2077



HKPR Partner Agencies with the Central East Region Developmental Services Ontario